Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Peeling Bananas The Wrong Way?

Yes, our blog is typically about advertising, but it says in the header that it's also about stuff we think is cool (check it out yourself ... the header is right at the top of this page.). This falls in the "cool stuff" category and will change your world. Seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't wait to show off my new banana peeling skills to other people. I'll be sure to pass it along to my children so in the future, other people in their life will be duly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like this video took forever. On a scale of 1 to 10 it took quite a while to get to the point it was supposed to. You know what? I can't even scale this. I mean, where, oh where was the smashing of the bananas? Where? I mean this is important in order to get what we call in advertising 'action shot' or in Internet lingo, the 'call to action'. But he lingered! LINGERED! I mean smash that banana! Also, the usability of this video was not very good. Where are all the elaborate "Web 2.0" AJAX goodies or what I like to call "Thumbnails". Do you know where we'd be without thumbnails man? Also, the best part of this was the acting. After the first 15 seconds I realized that he was the amazing hand model from Turkey I used to follow too. He was then known as "The Turk". He's never been too bright but at least he's gotten way better at acting, though you can feel he really wanted to smash that thing. But my opinion is that a monkey would (and does, technically speaking in geekspeak) smashed it or eaten the peel which is what I do. But really. Thumbnails! 1-2-3. In fact I'm pretty sure the monkeys learned from thumbnail cards. Regardless the end result was simply breathtaking. And if my speakers worked I'm sure there are beautiful harmonious sounds playing because that is what I felt. So if I had to scale this. I'd say it's a 4 since this is the fourth comment and at my old company they always said ONE thing about rating. How would you rate it? And I'd answer back, "Who the hell cares? Put a damn number on it cuz it's a 10 if you use it. This is a 10.

    Off to eat a banana in a crowded room.

    ReplyDelete